Tuesday, January 4, 2011

LET IT BEGIN

Happy New Year, and what a year it shall be... and with a title like that how can you go wrong? After all, this is the beginning of new Snarky comic pages.

In case you're not sure what is happening, my good buddy Ryan Claytor is posting a new page of "And Then One Day" on his website
every Tuesday for the first 24 weeks of 2011. Ryan challenged me to do the same with my own work. So here we are at the beginning of a 24 week journey. Hopefully at the end I will continue this trend and be able to complete the first full story arc to The Tao of Snarky with weekly posts.

It felt good to dust off Snarky and make him feel alive again. Brad DeMaagd and I have really started to organize and get this story moving, for this first page I pulled an old bit he'd written and pulled parts to start this story. Now that the fire's lit he's turning out some really great stuff for me to work with. It's been a while since I released/published new sequential work and I have got to say, I've missed it. Creating art is a lot of fun and I enjoy it but it's nothing like using art to tell a story and showing the passage of time. You can tell a story in one image, that's a skill in itself, but leading the reader through many images and words on a journey through a story, there's no feeling quite like that.

Alright enough of the fawning over the reason or the feeling, let's get one with it.

Ladies and gentleman I present the first page of The Tao of Snarky: The Cutting Edge.
To see a larger copy just click on the image and it will open in a new window.



I'm tossing around the idea of setting up a wordpress page for this comic, any feedback on this would be great. Let me know what you want to see and how you would like to view these new pages as I release them. Don't be afraid to post comments, constructive criticism is gratefully accepted.

So now that you're done here pop on over and check out Ryan's weekly post/page at www.elephanteater.com. It'll be worth the trip.

-Jacot

3 comments:

Ryan Claytor said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!

Sooooooooooooooo happy to see some sequential pages from you again.

You're startin' out strong with this one, homey! Glad we're takin' this LADDventure together. :)

KEEP IT UP!!!!

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

Jay Jacot said...

Ah gotta love the LADDventures!!!

Thanks for the support Ryan... and the novelty facial hair.

-Jacot

Robert Forest said...

Finally. Thank YOU! It's been too long of a wait for this!